The Halo Chest Seal is a high performance occlusive dressing designed to treat penetrating chest wounds along with securing other wound dressings. The patented hydro-gel provides superior adhesion to the wound area even when moisture, pleural fluids or blood is present. It will work on patients with heavy perspiration or very wet environments. The highly aggressive tack adhesive of the hydro-gel will enable the dressing to conform and hold to the patient’s body.
Halo Chest Seals also perform without loss of adhesion in extreme temperatures. Performance tested from -40° to 150° (-40°C to 65°C). The Halo packaging includes two seals per pack. Unique package provides four notched corners for easy opening but if opened from the top, package can be resealed if both seals are not used in treatment.
TCCC Guideline – Management of Open or Sucking Chest Wounds
This guideline supports the total occlusive property of the Halo Seal product. Tactical Field Care and CASEVAC Care – Breathing: All open and/or sucking chest wounds should be treated by immediately applying an occlusive material to cover the defect and securing it in place. Monitor the casualty for the potential development of a subsequent tension pneumothorax.
- Contains (2) HALO Seals to treat both entrance & exit wounds
- Retains effectiveness when folded or crushed
- Dimensions: 6.5” x 5.5”
- 6-year shelf life
- Manufactured in the USA
The HALO Advantage
- Highly effective medical grade hydrogel that allows HALO Seal to stick in wet, bloody, sandy or harsh environments.
- Features scrim, a non-woven material that is added to the HALO hydrogel to keep the gel from migrating in high heat environments.
- Temperature range of -30° – 140° F.
Outer Tape Edge
- Tape edge is more forgiving when handling with gloved or bare hands.
- Studies show that the outer tape edge has a wider operating temperature range and performs extremely well in freezing and elevated temperatures
Size and Shape
- Covers a greater surface area, and aids in coverage of larger, unpredictable wound patterns.
- Oval shape allows for greater adherence around the contours of the body.
- Large pull tab allows for effective placement and wound burping.
- Durable packaging is impenetrable to water, air, gases, and is puncture and tear resistant.
- Material can be used as an additional occlusive barrier, by using tape to secure the barrier.
- The package contains tear notches at all 4 corners as well as a re-closable zipper lock at the top of pouch.
Dimensions: 5.5″ x 8.25″ (chest seal)
Dimensions: 7.5″ x 10.5″ (package)
Weight: 2.2 oz