STINGER SPIKES SYSTEM – FEDERAL SIGNAL
Stinger Spikes System is tire deflation device for controlling over speeding vehicles
The Stinger Spike Trap is a tire deflation system employs high strength, hollow steel spikes that penetrate all types of tires – including self-sealing and run-flats – and deflate them in a regulated manner. This prevents blowouts, slows the perpetrator’s vehicle to a safer rate of speed, and allows him to make a controlled stop. And Stinger spikes are effective on all types of vehicles, including cars, trucks, and buses.
Stinger Spikes System Features:
Stinger Spike System XL is a compact, lightweight, easy-to-use tire deflating device that is extremely effective in stopping pursuits involving large vehicles including large trucks, farm vehicles, and military-type vehicles.
Superior Stinger Spike Penetration:
Stinger Spike System spikes are hollow. This allows air to escape at a controlled rate without causing a blowout or sudden loss of control. The spikes are 2.1″ in length and are made of 304-T7 stainless steel. The XL’s 2.1″ length spike acts in conjunction with our patented rock-and-tilt mechanism base. This Stinger technology effectively penetrates thicker tires to safely and quickly end pursuits involving many larger vehicles including large trucks, farm vehicles, and military-type vehicles.
Stinger Spikes Other Features:
The Stinger XL is a 15.5-ft wide system that covers multiple traffic lanes and is furnished with replacement spikes, safety tip guards, and a spike replacement tool in a compact, quick-deployment carrying case. Additional Stinger replacement spikes are provided free of charge. For incredible pursuit stopping power, call your local Stinger Representative. To locate the representative nearest you, call (800)-STINGER.
Stinger Spike Training Support:
The latest pursuit policies being enacted by law enforcement agencies call for practical, hands-on training in the use of any tire deflation device. Federal Signal has led the industry in providing such comprehensive training with our Stinger Spike System. In addition to its North American network of certified dealer/instructors, Federal Signal offers classroom materials, training videos, and un-spiked models for training and practice in the proper deployment and retraction of the system. For more information on Stinger Spike System training, please fill out the “request information” form found at the top of the product webpage.
Stinger Spikes System Specifications:
- 110 detachable, hollow spikes with tip guards
- 2.1” long stainless steel spikes, heat treated to T7, with a non-reflective buffed surface and anti-coring point
- Dimensions (when contained in the carrying case) – 18.0″ x 20″ x 3.3″ (45.7cm x 50.8cm x 8.4cm)
- 100% stainless steel
- Reusable modular base with molded sections of Dupont Zytel® Flexible Nylon® connected with stainless steel hardware and replaceable spikes
- 10 each replacement spikes, tip guards, grommets, and one spike replacement tool
- Device is bi-directional and has a patented rock and tilt mechanism action that tilts the spike into the tire at the correct angle allowing maximum penetration
- Device is reusable
- Device is pre-assembled
- Device is officer serviceable in the field
- Includes Lifetime Spike Replacement Guarantee
- Includes training package (Trainers manuals, Student manuals, training video tape/CD and a factory certified ½ day training course)
Stinger Spikes Table:
90200 Trooper – 15.8 feet extended with a rope no less than 40′ in length
90210 Metro – 10 feet extended with a rope no less than 40′ in length
90225 Defender – 25 feet extended with a rope no less than 40′ in length
Stinger XL – 15.5 feet extended with a rope no less than 40′ in length
90200 Trooper – 1.8″
90210 Metro – 1.8″
90225 Defender – 1.8″
Stinger XL – 2.1″
90200 Trooper – 110 spikes 90210 Metro – 70 spikes
90225 Defender – 180 spikes Stinger XL – 110 spikes
|Dim. (H x L x D):
90200 Trooper Case – 18.0 in x 20.0 in x 3.5 in (45.7cm x 50.8cm x 8.9cm)
90210 Metro Case – 18.0 in x 20.0 in x 3.5 in (45.7cm x 50.8cm x 8.9cm)
90225 Defender Case – 21.0 in 24.5 in x 3.5 in (53.3cm x 62.2cm x 8.9cm)
Stinger XL Case – 18.0 in x 20.0 in x 3.3 in (45.7cm x 50.8cm x 8.4cm)
Rat Trap II – 2.2 in x 4.0 in x 0.9 in (5.6cm x 10.2cm x 2.3cm)